fredag 7 oktober 2016

Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel miniatures boardgame

Greetings!

Yesterday Fantasy Flight Games announced that they have entered a publishing partnership with Modiphius Entertainment and Cabinet Entertainment to publish and distribute Siege of the Citadel, a miniatures boardgame tie-in to the Mutant Chronicles franchise. The game first arrived in 1990's and is now getting a new, updated version after Modiphius launched the 3rd edition of Mutant Chronicles.

The game is currently in the final stages of its Kickstarter, with only 28 hours left to go at the time of writing this post. It has done really well for itself, so far amassing over $400.000. The goal was set at $60.000, in case you were wondering.

I wish them all the best, having played the game back in the day on a couple of occasions. Though I was always a bigger fan of the tabletop RPG version of Mutant Chronicles. I love its lore and have many fond memories of playing it. I might return with a review of the older versions of the game, and a look at the new 3rd edition as well. As for the miniatures board-game, I might. It depends on a few things.

I still wish them the best of luck with it and I hope it does really well. It is always good to see old Swedish titles getting revived again and doing well. It gives other people a chance to enjoy the games that I used to play when I was younger. :) Though the game mechanics are different in the newest version of the game of course, but that was only to be expected.

Anyway, I could talk on and on about it for ages so I think I will save that for another post.

If you want a link to the official statement from Fantasy Flight Games, you can find it here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar