lördag 10 september 2016

Fantasy Flight Games confirm loss of Games Workshop licence.

Greetings!

Fantasy Flight Games made an official announcement yesterday confirming that they no longer hold a Games Workshop licence, and will discontinue all their work on products tying in with Games Workshop licensed material, and that:

"All Games Workshop-licensed product lines will leave the Fantasy Flight Games catalog on February 28th, 2017."

 So I guess if you want to get something from them you had better do it before then.

It will also be very interesting to see what happens with the Games Workshop licence(s) next. Where will they go in the future? Your guess is as good as mine, but it will definitelly be interesting to see!

I was never a big wargamer myself, or at least I didn't grow up with it as a lot of others have. I still know some wargaming-enthusiasts though, and I can definitelly see its appeal having talked to them about it. Also, I really love the lore in a lot of the wargaming universes. They often have a very rich and interesting set of lore, especially games that have been going for a while, such as Warhammer and Warmachine. I can definitelly see myself picking up the hobby at some point, but that will have to wait until I have more money as it can be a bit expensive according to my friends.

Anyway, I will leave you with a link to the article on Fantasy Flight Games website here so you can read for yourselves as well.

Until next time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar