lördag 17 september 2016

A short preview of Thornwatch.

Greetings folks!

Today, I thought I would talk a little bit about a game that I first heard about only recently, but which may be interesting to try at some point. I am talking about 'Thornwatch', a graphic novel adventure game made by Lone Shark Games and the people from Penny Arcade.

I has had a very successful Kickstarter, which has already reached almost $400,000 with 18 days to go at the time of writing this post. That can be compared to the goal which was set at $78,000.

One of the players will act as the 'judge', who picks the storyboard for the game and acts as a kind of 'game master' for the game, controlling the monsters and challenges that the players face. The other players will play as members of the 'Thornwatch', a group which is tasked with protecting the Eyrewood, the place where the game itself takes place. The game uses cards, as well as dice.

The game looks interesting, and the amount of backing it has seen is impressive. I might try it out at some point after it has been released and maybe even try my hand at reviewing it.

In the meantime, head over to their Kickstarter if you want to take a look.

See you all in the next post!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar