fredag 14 oktober 2016

Another world-building post

Greetings!

Welcome to a short-ish post today.

Yesterday evening I was on a bit of a writing-binge for my world-building, and I managed to get about 10 pages written on a new continent + a new country for one of the old continents I have been working on for a while. It might not sound like a lot to some, but add into it the creative process, researching some things, etc, and it quickly adds up. This new continent I am working on is shaping up to be quite different than the other continents. I won't say how exactly, but I am forced to think of ways it fits in with the rest of the world around it. It is going to work though, and I am sure it will be an interesting addition to the rest of the world.

My biggest issue is just the shear amount of ideas that I have for the world. I am probably going to have to save some of them for another world or another project instead, but it can be difficult sometimes to decide which ideas should go in and which ideas should be put on hold for something else. I have ideas for other worlds, and projects as well, so I might need to start working on one or two of them in parallell to my work on my main world, to give myself a natural place or two for ideas that don't quite make it into my main world.

As for the nation I wrote a few pages on, I am happy that I was finally able to do so. I have been meaning to for a very long time, but other things have always demanded my attention instead. I have never gotten around to sitting down and writing about it, so I am glad that it is finally underway.

Some times I miss not really having anyone to bounce ideas off of on a regular basis. My girlfriend helps out as best she can, but that is still on a pretty irregular basis. At the same time though, I am very grateful for her help and the inspiration she gives me.

Today I am going to continue work on the new continent as well as the country I was working on yesterday. I will also be working on some other bits and places if I have the time to do so.

Until next time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar