måndag 27 februari 2017

A good actor has left us

Greetings from somewhere in the Tabletop Multiverse.

Today's post will be a short one, unfortunately. But I will hopefully return soon with more.

As many of you probably know, Bill Paxton passed away yesterday, at the age of 61.

Why am I bringing this up here? Well, because Private First Class William L. Hudson is one of my favourite characters of all time, in one of my favourite movies of all time. I am a big Alien fan, and the second movie 'Aliens' is my favourite movie of the bunch. One of best things about it was Bill Paxton's portrayal of Hudson.

So many memorable quotes and scenes came from that character.

I've even made a couple of characters for tabletop RPGs that were directly inspired by that character. In fact I am about to play a Hudson-inspired character in a few weeks time. Should be fun! :) Though I had no idea this would happen when I first created the character, I am now even more determined to try and make it justice.

I know that Bill directed and played in other movies as well, and I have loved his roles in those too, but being the big Alien fan that I am, and considering that the second movie 'Aliens' is one of my favourite movies of all time, the role of Hudson is one that I will always associate with Bill Paxton, and it is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the actor.

He also remains one of only two actors to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator. The other one being Lance Henriksen.

So, I salute you Bill Paxton. Thanks for giving the world William L Hudson and many other memorable roles and movies. You will be missed.

Until next time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar