onsdag 16 november 2016

Progress

Greetings fellow citizens of the Multiverse!

Again, sadly, IRL stuff has taken hold of my time and I have been unable to write in here as often as I might have liked.

I have been getting some stuff done though. I have FINALLY been able to make a map that I am half-way decently satisfied with for my world-building project. It is a map of the northern-most continent, and I am very happy to have it mostly done. I am still tweaking it and changing bits and pieces here and there, but the general lay-out of it should be ok. I've been wanting to have these maps done for quite some time now as I feel that they (this map and other ones I have in the pipeline) will help me visualize the world more clearly. It is one thing having a bunch of pages of written text, but once you see it come alive on a map it really helps bring it all to life. At least for me it does. Also the maps help me to keep track of things.

As the eagle-eyed reader might have noticed, yes, that means I have been spending time learning to use Campaign Cartographer 3+. It and I are slowly coming to an understanding. It still has a few things about it that annoys me from time to time, but then again no program can do everything. And honestly, half the times it is probably (it is) I who have done something wrong and the program is simply doing what I just told it to do.

Overall I would say that CC3+ is a very good program for map-making. I do think I will need to sink some more money into it in the long-run if I want to be able to make all the maps properly that I want to make. Though that is for later.

On the world-building front there has also been a bit of writing done. Not as much as I would have liked perhaps, but then again a lot of that time has gone into the map-making instead, so I guess it is for a good cause.

I really can't wait for the time when I have the world at such a stage that I can try playing some kind of tabletop RPG in it with friends. :) Which tabletop RPG that might be though, I haven't got a clue yet. I might even end up running with the home-made rule-set I have been working on. In a way, I am kind of hoping that I can do that. It would be fun to try out a rule-set that has actually been made for that world. But we shall see.

Time for me to sign off for now.

Until next time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar